Your Privacy and Information
Heritage South Community Credit Union, your member-owned financial institution, is committed to providing you with competitive products and services to meet your financial needs and help you reach your goals. We are equally committed to protecting the privacy of our members. Under federal law, we are required to give you this privacy notice. It describes our credit union's policy and practices concerning the personal information we collect and disclose about our members. It also includes information about the parties who receive personal and sometimes non-public information from us as we conduct the business of the credit union. These practices are followed by the credit union and its affiliate, Heritage South Financial, LLC, and therefore, this notice will be applied to both.
If after reading this notice you have questions, please contact us at:
(931) 680-1406 or 1-800-852-5136, Ext.1406
or write to:
Heritage South Community Credit Union
P.O. Box 1219
Shelbyville, TN 37162
Information We Collect About You
We collect nonpublic personal information about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you on applications and other forms
- Information about your transactions with us or our affiliate, Heritage South Financial, LLC
- Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency
- Information obtained when verifying the information you provide on an application or other forms; this may be obtained from your current or past employers, or from other financial institutions where you conduct financial transactions
We may disclose all of the information we collect, as described above, as permitted by law.
Parties Who Receive Information From Us
We may disclose nonpublic personal information about you to the following types of third parties:
- Financial service providers, such as insurance companies, mortgage service companies, and securities broker-dealers
- Non-financial companies, such as consumer reporting agencies, data processors, check/share draft printers, plastic card processors, and government agencies
Heritage South Community Credit Union and its affiliate, Heritage South Financial, LLC, may also work closely to offer products and services to meet members needs. As a result, we may also share your nonpublic, personal information with each other, as permitted by law. Fortunately, Heritage South Community Credit Union and affiliates only share information with third parties for normal business reasons. Therefore, you cannot "opt out" of any of our information sharing activities.
Please be aware that third parties can obtain your personal information from outside sources. This information could be used for solicitation purposes. For example, when you obtain a mortgage or equity loan, by law the transaction is recorded in the public land records of the jurisdiction where the property is located. This information-including the lender's name-becomes public and is available to anyone who visits the Record Clerk's office.
Despite our limited sharing practices, non-affiliated third parties can still obtain information about you from consumer reporting agencies and other outside sources to market their own products and services. If you wish to limit their ability to obtain and use your information for marketing purposes, call 1-888-5-OPTOUT (1-888-567-8688). This service instructs consumer reporting agencies not to share your information with third parties in connection with pre-approvals for insurance or credit cards.
Disclosure of Information To Parties That Provide Services To Us
In order for us to conduct the business of the credit union, we may dis-close all of the information we collect, as described above, to companies that perform marketing or other services on our behalf or to other financial institutions with whom we have joint marketing agreements so that we may provide members competitive products and services. We may also disclose nonpublic personal information about you under circumstances as permitted or required by law. These disclosures typically include information to process transactions on your behalf, conduct the operations of our credit union, follow your instructions as you authorize, or protect the security of our financial records. To protect our members' privacy, we only work with companies that agree to maintain strong confidentiality protections and limit the use of information we provide. We do not permit these companies to sell the information we provide to other third parties.
Disclosure of Information About Former Members
If you terminate your membership with Heritage South Community Credit Union or its affiliate, Heritage South Financial, LLC, we will not share information we have collected about you, except as may be permitted or required by law.
How We Protect Your Information
We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who need to know that information to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, or procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard your nonpublic personal information.
What Members Can Do To Help
Heritage South Community Credit Union is committed to protecting the privacy of its members. Members can help by following these simple guidelines:
- Protect your account numbers, plastic card numbers, PINs (personal identification numbers) and passwords. Never keep your PIN with your card, which can provide free access to your accounts if your card is lost or stolen
- Use caution when disclosing your account numbers, social security numbers, etc., to other persons. If someone calls you explaining the call is on behalf of the credit union and asks for your account number, you should beware. Official credit union staff will have access to your information and will not have to ask for it.
- Keep your information with us current. If your address or phone number changes, please let us know. It is important that we have current information on how to reach you. If we detect potentially fraudulent or unauthorized activity or use of an account, we will attempt to contact you immediately.
- Let us know if you have any questions. Please do not hesitate to call us - we are here to serve you!